Footwear Do’s and Dont’s When Wearing a Maxi Dress
When wearing maxi dresses and skirts, the choice of footwear is very important because it can make or break your look. There are certain types of footwear which can be worn with maxi dresses but there are also some which should be avoided so as not to spoil an otherwise fabulous outfit.
Do wear these shoes to complement your maxi dress.
- Flat Sandals. Sandals and maxi dresses are a great combination, but the design of the sandals is essential to make it work. For instance, a pair of sandals with woven bands is the perfect choice if your maxi has ethnic prints or design patterns.
- Create a nice combination with the blended type of wedges or plain colored such as white or tan matched with a maxi skirt with an Aztec design.
- Flip Flops. This combination is perfect for the summer look, especially if you are going to the beach yet you do not want to expose too much skin too soon.
- A nice pair of heels can be paired with a maxi dress if you are going to a special occasion such as a party or an event. Depending on the occasion, you can go for chunky heels, stilettos, or ankle strap alternatives.
- Espadrilles are very comfortable and can look great when paired with a maxi. Just make sure that the designs match and if you want the espadrilles to be less casual, you can also wear one with heels.
Depending on your style, you can play around with maxis and different types of footwear, except for boots, sneakers, loafers, and low-heeled clogs. These footwear are either too masculine or too sporty that they just would not work when paired with a nice and feminine maxi dress.